EILIDHSUSTAINABILITY / CONSULTANT + FOUNDER
Glaswegian born, Berlin based environment and music industry professional Eilidh McLaughlin has over 10 years experience working in the sustainability sector, primarily within engagement, behaviour change and project management.
Eilidh is a co-founder of Clean Scene, a carbon offsetting project for musicians in the dance music community, and works at POLY Artists heading up their finance and logistics department, and leads on their environmental strategy. She is also working with A Greener Festival to become a trained environmental assessor for their Awards scheme - providing festivals with independent audit and verification, and helping to improving resource efficiency and environmental impact.
Eilidh has an Honours degree from the University of Glasgow and Masters from the University of Strathclyde in Environmental + Sustainability Studies. Since 2011 she has been working in the environmental sector in Scotland, including at the Glasgow School of Art - where she developed and implemented an innovative, award winning sustainability engagement project exploring how students could tackle climate change via creative thinking in their artistic practice.
Prior to POLY she was based at Locavore - Scotland's first social enterprise organic grocery store, which exists to help build a more sustainable local food system. As Zero Waste Coordinator she provided invaluable support and expertise alongside running the events and educational programme.
Past Speaking Appearances:
- CTM Festival 2020 - In Search Of Greener Practies - Berlin
- Are We There Yet Festival 2020 - Berlin
- BBC Radio Scotland 2019 - Circular Economy and Food Waste - Glasgow
Upcoming Speaking Appearances:
- Tallinn Music Week August 2020
- Climate change and sustainability within the music and creative industries
- Circular economy, reuse and resource efficiency
- Creative and systems thinking
- Food systems, local food and food sovereignty